Those who took Physics at high school can recall a story about a Greek mathematician named Archimedes. Like every ancient Greek great thinkers, he managed to first understand that the volume displaced in a liquid (in his case, water displaced as he was entering his bath tub) is equal to the volume of the body submerged in the liquid. With this sudden discovery, he lept out from his bath tub , coined the famous word "Eureka!" and ran down the streets of Syracuse naked, obviously full of joy.
I had a similar experience last Friday, 16 April 2010. Before I go on, I must stress that no naked running happened or joyful yelling occured. That would be a total embarassment for a professional like me. (Although, in the future I would not rule out any possibilities of that happening due to the birth of a child or some girl agrees to marry me).
Last Friday, I was thinking about ways to connect my beautiful Nokia handphone to all my social networks. In this day and age, surely there must be applications that can do that. After browsing the net, I found out an application called Nimbuzz, downloaded it on my handphone and Walla!.
At first, I thought it would just be a typical stupid software as it is available for free. Tried to log in into my facebook and it worked. Realising that I was hoping to get in contact with someone using Yahoo Messenger, I quickly setup a yahoo account, logged in for the first time, add a mate of mine who was online at that time and.... it worked!! Although he was sitting 5 meters from my desk, here I was, chatting with him. (by the way, I am not gay!! I was just checking whether the software worked or not).
The first word came out of my mouth was not "Eureka!" but a more modern version of it, "COOL!!". It was a joy to see that I have caught up with technology. I felt like a light bulb just lit up inside my head. Really.
A colleague of mine kept reminding me that I looked like a small kid full of joy as my face literally brimmed with excitement. He quickly brought me back to earth by stating that I had had the handphone for a good few months and the real surprising thing was that I only knew about all the applications now rather than few months ago.
I must admit that my excitement will not changed the world like what Archimedes had discovered. However, in my little world at that time, I did felt like running naked in the streets of Bukit Jalil and shouting "Cool!!" all the way to Shah Alam.
Again. Let me say it one last time..Cool!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cool!!!
ReplyDelete