After 5 years of owning Alin, I've decided to give her a new sound system. Knowing me, I've always want the best for my car. Money is an objection, but I am quite flexible with my budget. When i read Dr Fadzilah Kamsah's review on people who were borne in the month of June, it kinda make sense. June babies are cerewet and brand-consious!
To cut the long story short, I ended up paying, let say, a quite large figure to change my head unit (radio player for those who lives in the caves somewhere in the remote jungle of Malaysia), and bought 2 pairs of new speakers. Having said that, there was no money left for an amplifier or subwoofer. With Alin's small cabin, an amplifier seems unnecessary, and with my choice of music, I do not think I would require subwoofers or woofers to enhance the "base" sound.
When I first heard the new system, it blown me away. The clarity and quality is so much better than my previous OEM installed system. No brainer really, as OEM system tends to be more of "daripada tak bagi sound system langsung, atleast ada la jugak".
But today, after 2 days of having them, I think I can pinpoint the "flaw" - and i am using this word loosely. Nothing wrong with the "clarity-ness", but it still lack the necessary omphh factor.
So, it raises a new question. Where do I go from here? . I am going to give it a few more days to settle. Like a new engine, sound system need what we called "break in period" in which the small components of the speakers loosen up and reaching their optimum performance.
However, I do think that soundproofing the doors would solve the "emptiness" or the "hollowness" of the sound. Aiya looks more money is needed then!. I guess I'll do that next and see the results. If I am still not satisfied, most likely I will have to install an amplifier. I do hope I will not go that route as it will be a hell lot of money. I am pretty much sure that after that, Lady Gaga's Poker Face would need a powerful woofer to give me that extra "bang". Oh no, more money down the drain.. Opss!
Sigh. Where will it end?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
U love ur Alin so much.... wondering how ull love a person????? But whateva it is.... only u know how to appreciate something that really precious to u.... rite?????
ReplyDeleteyes.. miss??
ReplyDeletemiss anonymous.. I guess
ReplyDeleteYes.. Miss...
ReplyDelete