Sunday, 25 April 2010

The crave for anything bitter.

Probably after watching too many food programmes on the telly, I have a fondness of evaluating food base on its texture, flavour, taste and presentation. I'm not too fussy about food. My favourite food is my mum's meehun, and that kinda set the expectation of the food I consume. I love Malay/malaysian food.

However, with the influx of foreign food, I kinda fancy Italian foods right now. They are healthy in a way and with the blend of herbs, the aromatic smell of them are just gorgeous!

Despite all that, I realise that after having all the entres or main courses, I must have something bitter as a desert. Be it coffee or dark chocolate, they are a must.

Thinking about it, I do not like sweet food anymore. The other day, I was having a Mocha at Coffee Bean. Even to my own surprise, I requested the Mocha to be "on the bitter side". When I buy chocolates, I'll make sure that they are atleast 50% cocoa and they must be Dark Chocolates. To add texture, I like to have crunchy almonds or hazelnuts in them. Anything that adds sweetness such as raisins or fruits are a definite NO!

I guess, having things bitter do have a good effect. I would consume less sugar and less fatty milk. What the heck, bitter it is from now on!

4 comments:

  1. Talking bout this subject.. I cook seafood marinara yesterday... Still thinking what I wanna cook today... But Italian food again today???... mmm...
    Dark chocolate??? Yes im crazy bout dark chocolate too.. the bitter the better!!!!
    Whateava we eat... make sure consume healthy food... ( kan ada org tgh in his journey to six pack??? )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear roman bath, r u sure u spotted the correct person in u quest? My advice keep searching...Even u r good as sherlock holmes..Doesnt mean tat ur hipotesis is right..U have d clue...(i guess!)..Btw..Ur case is still open..Hehe!
    I know u r a person who is not give up so easy! Rite....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi anonymous.

    well. i pretty much know who are you. working for a japanese manufacturer, ex UKM.
    don't want to reveal you in public, but privately, i know it's you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOOO RomanBath... r u really sure the gal its me????

    ReplyDelete