OK. I must be frank. This should not be the last entry as I promised myself that I will update my blog after every trip I made. Unfortunately, due to unforseen circumstances (heheh) I was too lazy to do it. Mark my word, I will jot something soon.
My last roadtrip was pretty much unplanned; spur of the moment kind of thing. It was Easter weekend. So I had 4 days of either doing nothing or go somewhere. Yes, I should have planned the Bath Trip (patient please…. It will be published soon) during easter. Well, to my defence, I did not even know about it. In addition, a dedicated worker like me will never think about holiday. Hahaha
In the end, the three of us (Q, Hasznil) decided that we should do a final road trip. Hasznil was due to fly home in the next few days, Q will be studying hard to maintain his Anugerah Dekan award (sic) and me, well, entah bila lagi nak jalan-jalan UK.
We set off early Saturday morning (11 April 09) towards Manchester. Our target was to reach Manchester by 10am-ish. The itinerary for the day was Cheshire Oaks. In short, SHOPPING. It turned out to be quite entertaining. What did I bought? Towels.. hahha. I did not bring any towel with me (purposely). And got a free mp3 player from a BOSE shop.
The next day we went to Liverpool. Spent a few hours covering Albert Docks, Liverpool High Street. Then off to Lake District just in time before sunset.
The last stop was Durham on Easter Monday. It was a place that I chose. Places with character and history. The likes of Liverpool or Manchester are places that I don’t really appreciate. (no offence, I just like places that are unique).Durham turned out to be really small. I mean really really small. I thought Bath was small, but Durham was a quarter of Bath. We visited the Catheral, had lunch, posed for a few pictures then headed back home to Norwich.
You might ask : So, what was the highlight of the trip? My answer is Megane. Renault Megane. The car that we were forced to rent because my car was still in a garage in bloody Cambridge. A car that was supposed to be a Renault Clio when we book it. A car that I first thought would have a large arse! (Le derier.. those who lived here long enough would recall that ad).
That car was fabulous. To say I like it would be an understatement. I LOVED that car. The build quality was great, the ride was comfy, and the gadgetries were awesome. The only downside might be the fuel consumption. A little bit on the high side. In the end, it was sad to leave her back into the hands of Avis. She parked there with her headlights dimmed for the very last time. I think there were tears in my eyes. Sad time indeed
Special thanks to Syed Hadi (Manchester) and Izham (Stockton) for providing us free accommodation and great hospitality.
Nantikan celoteh yang seterusnye…..
Update [28 Sept 09] - Again , I will break my promise. There will be no celoteh of my roadtrips. Too lazy..
Wednesday, 15 April 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Renault Megane is sure a fit car. I hope you enjoyed your time in Durham. Do come again!
ReplyDeletereading about your trip makes me so jealous...I wish I get to travel! glad you had fun...I will travel someday...when opportunity and money come!haha...just don't know when is that gonna happen
ReplyDelete